Wednesday, June 30, 2010

WSOP Update

I just busted from the $3k nl event today. Finished 76th and cashed for $6605. This one hurts because I had some chips and decided to call a 20bb open shove from the sb when I was the bb. I had a good read on the kid, plus he was a little spewy from his previous hands. He shows KTo, I show ATo, board rolls off QJ593, gg me. Would've had 130k w/ blinds at 1500-3k.

So far through 15 events I've cashed 4 times but they only total about $17k. I busted the 4 I made itm w/ 2 flips lost, w/ AJ on a JT7Jx board (to a flush), and today's AT vs KT aipf. To say that you need to win some flips, avoid coolers, and win when ahead to do well in tournaments is an understatement. I feel like I've been running below avg. for the WSOP, but I'm sure a lot of guys feel that way.

Frankly, I'm getting a little tired of grinding live tournaments every day. I know my hrly is suffering and knowing that it just takes one hand to turn a day or 2's worth of good play to naught isn't that appealing to me. I don't mind the occasional tournament but playing'em daily almost feels like a waste of time for me. Maybe I'm still reeling from the bustout today and just feeling this way for now. I'm looking forward to the WSOP ending so I can hit the virtual felt again, and I'm be grinding harder than ever to try to reach some personal goals I set for myself this year.

I'm not giving up on my 7 figure year goal just yet. I am going to play one more $1k event before the main event. Also I'm planning on grinding like a madman once the series is over. I've been slacking in hrs put in cash games for the year and intending on making that up in the 2nd half of the year. I'm gonna breathe, eat, sleep poker once the WSOP is over. Most take a break from poker when the WSOP ends, but I feel like I've been on an extended break from my normal routine of grinding cash games (w/ online mtts on Sundays) and want to get back at it in full force asap.

I did play a little online the other night, just to know what it feels like again...played some $2/4 since I feel out of the loop having not played a single online cash game hand in weeks. There is something to be said for getting in a regular routine of grinding daily...I almost felt like I forgot what my 3betting/4betting ranges in different positions were.

Anyway I played this funny hand...this is like a misclick almost always on Eunjong's (utg) part, but he is perceived as pretty nitty, esp. utg, but whatever I didn't play online for the 1st time in weeks to fold (couple of guys that know Eunjong's game said they would've folded my hand)...

No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($402)
CO ($957.60)
Button ($842.70)
Hero (SB) ($445)
BB ($789.40)
UTG ($400)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, Q
UTG bets $123, 3 folds, Hero raises $443 (All-In), 1 fold, UTG calls $277 (All-In)

Flop: ($804) 6, 9, 3 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: ($804) 4 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: ($804) 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $804

Results:
Hero had A, Q (high card, Ace).
UTG had J, A (high card, Ace).
Outcome: Hero won $846

No comments:

Post a Comment